Advantages of gate valves
- By:Tamil Trade
The gate valve is a gate of the opening and closing part. The direction of movement of the gate is perpendicular to the direction of the fluid. The gate valve can only be fully opened and fully closed, and cannot be adjusted or throttled.
1. Small flow resistance. The medium channel inside the valve body is straight through, the medium flows in a straight line, and the flow resistance is small.
2. It is less labor-saving when opening and closing. Compared with the globe valve, because whether it is open or closed, the direction of movement of the gate is perpendicular to the direction of medium flow.
3. Large height and long opening and closing time. The opening and closing stroke of the gate is relatively large, and the lifting is carried out by the screw.
4. The phenomenon of water hammer is not easy to occur. The reason is the long shutdown time.
5. The medium can flow in any direction on both sides, which is easy to install. The two sides of the gate valve channel are symmetrical.
6. The structural length (the distance between the two connecting end faces of the housing) is relatively small.
7. The shape is simple, the structure length is short, the manufacturing process is good, and the application range is wide.
8. Compact structure, good valve rigidity, smooth channel, small flow resistance, stainless steel and hard alloy sealing surface, long service life, PTFE packing, reliable sealing, easy and flexible operation.